Friday, December 3, 2010

The week of doom

As college students know, dead week is not something to be taken lightly, but I've been in denial just a little bit. It's helped in not letting the upcoming finals stress me out too much, that will be compounded this weekend. I've been bogged down a little between finishing projects, presentations, papers, and homework, but something I always do this time of year has not been lacking, and that is decorating for the holidays! I have been making paper snowflakes and watching Leave it to Beaver like a madwoman in the last week. I've also gotten my teeny tiny advent Christmas tree all set up, and now I'm getting sad that I'll have to take it down in just a week and pack it up again.
The end of term always gets me flustered, whether it's stress or excitement. Right now, I'm taking all my refuge in Christmas preparations, as you can all see. Healthy? Maybe not. First on my "to do" list? Definitely not. It can really help the spirits, though.
I'm trying to think of some new drink to serve for the holidays, preferable with an alcoholic and non-alcoholic version. Hot buttered rum is right at the top of my list, but I don't think there's a non-alcoholic alternative for that, rum is in the name after all. If anyone has a good idea, comment and tell me. The family usually does coffee with different creamers and Bailey's, so I'm not really looking for coffee ideas.
I'll end with the outside view of our room up here at school. You can see the snowflakes I put on the inside of the window and our lights that are still extremely lacking in the tinsel department. This must be remedied. Lights are not complete without tinsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment