Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm thankful

Though I got to go home for a nice long Thanksgiving weekend, it made me miss having family around even more. I spent the majority of my time between my mom's family and our large group and my fiance's family. I also squeezed in dinner on Saturday night with my dad and his girlfriend. They're really made for eachother, as far as I can tell. 
Other developments include finally getting one of my skirts hemmed so it was wearable and finding my first peignoir set, a peachy confection, in an antique shop I frequent. A very proud day for my little hometown, Thanksgiving was. If anyone was watching the Macy's parade, the first Oregon band to be invited to the parade in over 10 years was from my town. They really did a wonderful job and my family was gathered around the television cheering for them. 
There are only two more weeks (dead week and finals week) here at my university, so I don't have to wait long to go home. If only I had more time to figure out Christmas gifts for my family and new festive beverage to whip up- both quite a conundrum this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment