Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Winter Romance

I am in a love/hate relationship with the snow that has been falling through last night and today. I’m all twitterpated over this! It's been a happy day, mainly because I could wear my fluffy fox fur earmuffs. It’s also been lovely to watch the grounds of my campus being covered in the first chilly blanket of white I’ve seen in a while, but I have so many things to do for classes. My procrastinating has been at an all time high this short week, and especially higher than last week, where I really tried to stay on top of my studies. Last week left me exhausted, but I sure did get a lot of things done.
Thursday night and the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 was the high point of my week. This was only my 2nd midnight showing experience, and my group definitely had the most fun I could have imagined. We dressed up, danced, sang, and generally annoyed those surrounding us with quotes from A Very Potter Musical. Back to the movie: It was everything I expected and some more, but a lot of people seemed to be surprised when it ended in the place it did, but I thought that was the only sensible spot to stop... *spoiler* POOR DOBBY! 
I also got out of my dorm room all day Saturday to attend a dance team competition. Boy was that an uncomfortable day! I spent literally the entire day at West Albany high school watching and videotaping team after team. If no one else besides my immediate family knows, I’m a dance team enthusiast and am very determined when I attend competitions. There’s still that dream in the back of my mind of being involved with dance team as a coach or manager one day. I have the skills and the knowhow, really! 
Oh my, I'm rambling and I do hope that someday someone could invent a cure, but it seems to be a natural human state. This human believes so, at least. It has stopped snowing for good seemingly, and it's acceptable, because I'm driving home for Thanksgiving tomorrow and I'd rather not kill myself, my roommate, and her boyfriend on our way home. 
I do wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, and a safe trip if you're having to travel to make it to your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment