Friday, November 5, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas.

Yes, I know that Halloween just happened and I should be focusing on Thanksgiving, which is far closer than Christmas, but that doesn't keep me from dreaming of snow all around and wearing my fabulous fox fur earmuffs.
I must apologize for the week and a half delay in posting. I will not go into details, but I'll say that I was in a funk that I could not get out of, and I stopped being true to myself. It was due to this pit of despair I was sinking in, I had closed out my normal everyday ideas. So Tuesday when I spent hours baking and re-colored my hair late that night, I had a sudden return to a more upbeat state of mind. Wednesday morning was the first in awhile that I put my hair into victory rolls, donned a colorful skirt, stockings, pumps, and my coral necklace and earring set. In other words, I dressed. There's really a difference between putting on clothes and dressing, and personally, the two activities affect my mindset in different ways. Yesterday I went one step further and actually took the time to put my hair in rollers and starch the collar of my shirt. It's a good thing that I felt so put together, because I was forced to go on a wild goose chase to find the one theater in this college town that is showing the midnight premiere of Harry Potter, which almost wrecked my sanity.
Now, today is Friday on this sleepy campus and I fully want to relax this weekend in an array of soft sweaters while curled up chatting and watching movies with newfound friends. Some crochet and tea in there might be nice too.
Another thing to do this weekend is to restrain myself from getting more Christmas decorations to put up in my room. I only have one up, which is a giant red bow that had a bell I needed for Rocky Horror. The poor guy was just laying in my drawer with the plastic wrap and trash bags, so I rescued him (again!). The deciding factor for me was the fact that I was beginning to make up a song for him a la Percy the Puny Poinsettia, which is one of my most favorite Christmas songs. Alas, I cannot find it to add to the Christmas playlist I've been putting together online. I suppose Percy will only survive on my Christmas TAPE from around 1996. 
Tis the season to watch the hilarious antics of Danny Kaye in White Christmas, not to mention the fabulously leggy Vera Ellen. Can't overlook crooners Rosemary Clooney and Bing Crosby though!

No comments:

Post a Comment