Monday, March 7, 2011

Starting to feel for one again.

I suppose the "his" in His Vintage Sweetheart is now only hypothetical. In the last weekend of February, I ended my relationship of two years. This post is very hard for me to write, but I believe it is a step in the healing process. I've only begun to see this as not a failure on my part, because I'd been trying for so long to make it work between us and it's only gotten worse in the last few months.
Hmm... We had our ups and we had our downs and in the end, I suppose life will go on. Now I'm sitting here, so much more alone than I normally am, just waiting to feel again. The worst thing about my relationship is that in the time we were together, I stopped feeling for myself and instead felt for him. When putting one's feelings ahead of your own, you must not lose yourself in the process, as I have done. It's time for me to climb out of this hole I've dug and learn to feel for one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment