Monday, April 25, 2011

A picture-perfect weekend

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos to show exactly how picture-perfect my Saturday was, so this promotional shot from the show Pushing Daisies will have to do. An adorable gal from Kiss Me, Kate and I took Saturday to have a picnic in a local park. We had everything for a picnic, bar the  basket. Our blanket was spread out in a sea of daisies right by a playground.
While watching the numerous children play, we ate pb&j sandwiches on yellow plates, had juicy and exotic fruits, drank sun tea from my new iced tea jug, and had much too much fun with melted ice pops. I brought my cribbage board along, but with such a gorgeous day and many distractions, we didn't even get halfway through they game.
Looking ever the young ladies we are, we were both in spring-ish dresses (or in my case, a long skirt worn belted with my new crinoline) and got the cutest comment from a little charmer. As he was speaking to his father, we overheard the little boy say, "Those girls look like they're in a movie!" Gee whiz -  that little chap sure knows how to flatter a girl!
Other tasks were accomplished on Sunday, including mending a new dress that I acquired on Friday that was a little long in the bodice. I also finally made an ill-fitting half slip a wearable straight slip by attaching darling little straps of ribbon and lace.
Now, it's back to another week of schoolwork and theater work. I do, however, have something very exciting to look forward to next weekend... Mom's Weekend! All of the mothers of OSU students are invited up to spend some time with their college-aged kiddies. I'm planning to see many an antique and thrift shop and a trip to the Architectural Salvage in Philomath. Let's cross our fingers that my mom will be giddy with that particular destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment