Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fun, fun, fun to work, work, work.

Moms weekend was a complete success. We indulged in some Royal Wedding highlights on Friday night before going to bed. It was a sugar coated but still appropriate, and I loved the fly-over of Buckingham Palace. Did anyone else see "the cousins" as we've so lovingly dubbed them? I won't go into detail, but I swear that one was wearing antlers. Isabella Blow may have been able to pull it off, but this woman could not.
On Saturday and Sunday, between the sitzprobe, load-in, and first rehearsal on stage for Kiss Me, Kate, Mom and I perused antique malls and junk stores for buried treasure. She wound up with many things that she couldn't live without, while I only found a few little trinkets I've been looking for. Among her finds were an electric skillet with a heating element in the lid, a few vases, dresses and shirts, a platter, and a large cast-iron skillet. I ended up with some Lady Ellen Klippies for my pin curls, a new pair for wedges, a knitting book from the 40's, and a little neck adornment that matches some shoe clips that I found last summer. 
My Saturday outfit was very matchy and entertaining for all to see, I believe the faux bangs and matching polka-dots made it the funnest outfit I've ever worn. The real "want" for both Mom and I was found on Saturday in the form of a huge hotel mirror that could have been a wall of its own. I had to snap a couple of pictures, so in addition to the gorgeous mirror you get a sneak peek of little old me! 
On to this week, time is ticking away from me, it seems. I indulged in a homework-free weekend, but now the week is going to be very busy for me. I may not seem shy to people who know me, but around those I don't, I'd rather just be invisible. This makes it very hard for me to interview people for a news piece in my writing class. I need to drop my shyness for a bit so I can get these interviews for my story! Everyone wish me luck, and hopefully I'll still be alive and kicking by next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment