Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's a good day from morning til night

Really, its a good day for anything! I had such a wonderful weekend and early part of the week that I'm absolutely giddy! This might get annoying soon, but I can't help it.
Last weekend, Kiss Me, Kate opened and despite opening night being Friday the 13th, it was a wonderful show! Unfortunately, there was some sickness among the cast, some loss of voices, and one pulled hamstring the following nights. Our first official cast party was held after the Sunday matinĂ©e, a boy was it entertaining. Food, karaoke, friends, and one heavenly hot tub makes an ordinary night extraordinary!
Monday continued wonderfully, as a generous cast member expanded my a capella collection to four times its original size! Straight No Chaser and Rockapella has been joined by two albums of OSU's Outspoken, three albums of UO's On the Rocks, and another album of UO's Divisi. As can be imagined, Tuesday was filled with lots and lots of music. It really did wonders to keep me from dreading interviewing a woman for my Media Writing class.
As the second weekend of the show approaches, I have a feeling that I'll keep walking on air. My family (Mom, Aunt, Grandma, and Grandpa) will be here on Sunday and I'll get to see the gorgeous percolator my mother found for me a few weeks ago. Sadly, they'll be taking my iron, ironing board, and steamer away for the first step of the moving process, so I'm going to need to iron all of the things that need it before Sunday! Time to hand wash and iron my scarves, freshen up my pegnoir, and starch my skirt waistbands before it's too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment