Saturday, October 16, 2010

Off the beaten path (for me)

Before I start yammering on about my fabulous corset that arrived in the mail yesterday, I feel like I should give credit where it's due:


Dita Von Tesse is a style icon in every sense of the word, and she's almost synonymous with corsetry. I've really learned so so so much about corsetry in the last few days, I wish I could take an actual class on this. Why? Because I wanted to feel educated when my own corset got here. 






Let's talk about Halloween! I'm just so excited about Halloween this year, my fiance and I are going to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time! This is where my first idea of corsets came up, and I've dreamed up a couple of pretty nice costumes for both RHPS and the Halloween festival in Ashland! 

The corset I fell for:
 
I found it on a site called OrchardCorset that has a youtube account and I quickly watched all 60-odd videos they provided. This is a discontinued style, so it's on sale, but I loved it at first sight! 

So this is what I'm going for:



First outfit for my fiance, second for me.
 

If you said my inspiration was the So You Think You Can Dance routine by Courtney and Mark to "The Garden" by Mirah, choreographed by Sonya Tahek, you're right!
So if those are all my thoughts, how does the corset look on me, you ask? Well, let's just say that this is definitely the beginning of a long and happy friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment