Friday, October 15, 2010

Ever the college girl, and some inspirations

It has been such a "collegiate" week. I feel like it's kicked me pretty hard, but I have been accomplishing quite a lot. Today was especially wonderful. In the mail I received my corset, lots of vitamins and tea, my final paycheck, and a card from my mom with a gift card for shopping. These definitely made today the high point of the week.


A girl in my hall had her 19th birthday today, which reminded me I'll have my birthday in just a few short months. I'm determined to enjoy my remaining time as a teenager, as I will be turning 20 in January. I'm very excited. I'm having a great time being young, and I still believe you're young well into your 30's or beyond. Everything depends upon one's mindset. 
Below is the lovely Anne Francis, as the infamous cigarette-smoking, film noire-esque sweater girl. This is the look that I'll be trying to accomplish overall for the fall term. I have many sweaters, but I need so many more, and I have skirts just perfect for those. Now.. if only I had a bullet bra lying around somewhere. 
Finally, winter will be my Katharine stage of dress. But for now, the inspiration is her hair. It's so beautiful but still has a tomboyish quality, like she doesn't really care, it's just how she wakes up in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment