Sunday, October 17, 2010

One of my favorite ladies.





Okay, it's time to jump back into something I'm comfortable with, and this video I found really sparked the idea for this post. Marge and Gower dancing in their first starring picture, Lovely to Look At:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzNrOf-FKw8

Also, I somehow found time to watch a series of interviews with Marge Champion, and by herself, she's so much more amazing than I knew. Of course, when she was famous, she was famous with Gower, so you didn't get to see just her. It's very interesting. Just a couple of fun facts: Her father owned a dancing school in Hollywood, and he was famous in that right, her first job was as the motion model for Snow White at Disney, she was married to Artie Babbit before she married Gower, and her birthday is Sept 2. Yes, the woman is 91 and she still dances, she says, every single day. She's just so amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment